It’s time to Submit your film to the 2nd SZERPENTIN Dance Film Festival!
>>> Deadline: 31 January 2019 <<<
Festival dates: 25-28 April 2019 | Budapest, Hungary
Elindult a nevezés a 2. Szerpentin Táncfilm Fesztiválra
>>> Határidő: 2019. Január 31. <<<
Fesztivál dátumok: 2019. Április 25-28. | Budapest, Hungary
Szerpentin is currently the only platform in Hungary dedicated solely to dance- and movement-based film and video productions.
The screening program introduces the latest of screendance, as well as music, fashion, sport, architecture videos and visual experiments with strong choreographic features.
The festival considers “dance film” in a wider sense. Innovative approaches and experiments with movements, gestures, rhythm, the human body and its relation to space are presented as well.
We are seeking for film and video shorts based on fresh ideas, extremities, brave fusion of art forms, unusual interpretations of so-called “dance”, aesthetic statements; works that are emotional or rigid, soft or sharp, light or dark, thought provoking or entertaining.
Awards in 2019
– “Best Short Film Award” with money prize, selected by international jury
– “Special Mention Award”, selected by international jury
– “Audience Award”
Rules & Terms
INTERNATIONAL / HUNGARIAN SHORTS
– films, videos with strong choreographic feature
– duration: 0-15 min
– created in 2016, 2017, 2018 (Hungarian shorts: 2010-2018)
– in case text included, English translation is available
– high quality master copy is available
– documentation of stage productions
– In case your film is selected for screening you will be asked to send a master copy.
– Szerpentin is granted the right to screen the selected films during the festival period 25-28 April 2019 at any location of the festival in Budapest without the paying of any screening fee. General scheduling and timetable of screenings are entirely at the discretion of the festival.
– Once your film is selected into the program, you may be contacted to share your work with our 2019 touring program.
– Szerpentin is granted the right to use the submitted films, film stills, posters and trailers for promotional purposes on the internet, television and other media.
– By submitting your film you claim to have full ownership of the film and / or have cleared all the rights. Szerpentin shall under no circumstances be liable for any claims by third parties.
– Szerpentin Dance Film Festival is an initiative of Parallel Art Foundation, Budapest, Hungary, which possesses all the rights to act on behalf of the festival.